Knit -n- Help

Teach yourself to knit with the best beginner’s guide I’ve ever seen - and help some beautiful babies while you’re at it!

I can knit, as the result of a fun craft book + a super friend... but I’m no expert. Thanks to the UK’s charity organization Save the Children, my lack of skill and, if it’s the case, yours, is no excuse not to use knitting to protect newborn babies around the world!

Save the Children’s Knit Kit gives you everything to get started in 5 free, full-color, printable, PDF pages: simplified knitting terms, a beginner’s guide with clear photographs for every step of knitting, and a pattern for your first project. Besides learning a new craft, the pattern is for a hat which, as explained in the Knit Kit, can save a newborn from dying of pneumonia.

...and you?

I’m heading to my local yarn store to find some nice wool. Want to join in? Post pictures of your hat-in-progress at our the Simple Makes flickr group. I’d like to feature some fellow hat-knitters in a future article; if you’re interested, post the photos with Creative Commons licensing and comment on this post with a link. Knitting questions & tips welcome in the comment section too. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Wow, I just hopped over here from your comment on my blog and thanks for the link to that knit kit PDF. Every time I want to knit I forget how to start. Those are some amazing photos. Maybe I'll get a few little hats done.

Anonymous said...
September 19, 2008 8:06 PM  

I don't knit, but I'm very impressed by people who can do it. Good luck!

Kari said...
September 20, 2008 11:23 AM  

Wow, thanks for the link! Now I can actually put knitting to good use. :)

Good luck!

E.

Anonymous said...
September 21, 2008 4:01 AM  

Thanks laura, kari, and emma! I hope you all get a chance to knit a baby hat... if you do, please send a picture to our flickr group! I'd love to see it!

Lori Ann said...
September 21, 2008 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment